In today’s post we will highlight the topic of How to Transfer a Domain Name. There could be many reasons to choose a domain name transfer including price and your satisfaction level with your current registrar. If you could save a few dollars per domain name and have many to transfer the savings does add up. Let’s see how the process would be in switching your domain over here to Domains at Retail.
First let’s highlight our article dedicated to this very topic: “Transferring Domains to Us”
As the article states you need to remember a few things first:
- To unlock your domain
- An authorization code for .com, .net, .org, .biz, .us, .tv, or .info domains
- A valid domain administrative contact
This ensure the process is as smooth as can be.
Something to make a note of is that the time it takes for everything to complete can be a week (depending where its being transferred from and other circumstances). Also, if you want to transfer a .EU domain, you will need to follow the “Transferring .EU Domains to Us” process.
The article linked above will help indicate how to transfer from the following registrars:
- iHoldings, Inc.
- Network Solutions
- Melbourne IT
A few other articles related on how to transfer a domain name can be found here:
- Transferring Your .ca Domains from Another Registrar to Us
- Transferring Expired Domains
- Transferring Domains to Another Registrar
- Canceling Domain Transfers
- Understanding the Difference Between Account Changes and Transferring Domains
Hope this helps for anyone who may be looking to transfer their domain name for whatever reason and are considering Domains at Retail as their next registrar of choice. Learn more on our Domain Transfer page.